What We Do
What we do
CREATE Youth-Net is a project that engages young people in the campaign on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Forced Marriage across three European countries: UK, Portugal and the Netherlands. All partners undertake similar actions across the three countries.
CREATE Youth-Net involves:
- Research about young people’s knowledge and attitudes on FGM and Forced Marriage [PEER report blog post], and reviewing services and support for young people on FGM and Forced Marriage
- Youth Advocates Training – raising awareness of the issues among young people and actively engaging them and supporting them to lead their own campaigns against FGM and Forced Marriage.
- Creating networking, sharing and learning spaces for young people to come together and share the work they have done in countries to help end FGM and Forced Marriage [Create Youth-Net conference]
- Developing youth friendly resources about FGM and forced marriage and materials to help young people build advocacy skills.
- Youth-led creative public awareness events to engage young people and their communities in dialogue about FGM and Forced Marriage.
- Delivering training on FGM and Forced Marriage in schools and to professionals.